Developed after years of working with Dr. Andy Pruitt Ed.D., PA of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine and found only at your local Specialized dealer, BG FIT (Body Geometry Fit Integration Technology) is a comprehensive fit philosophy created to help cyclists ride faster, longer and in greater comfort, while reducing the chance for injury Watch Video
At Manly Cycles we have fully trained and experienced Body Geometry technicians ready to improve your performance and comfort today.
Simply call us on (02) 99 77 1189 to book your Body Geometry Fit today.
BG FIT PROCESS
1. Pre-Fit Interview Every fit- whether it’s for a novice or experienced cyclist- starts with a brief interview between a trained technician and rider that addresses the individual’s injury history, needs and goals.
2. Flexibility Assignment This evaluation gains an accurate picture of the individual’s flexibility and other physical attributes, including assessment of foot structure, knee position, spinal curve, shoulder extension, hip flexion and leg length, among others.
3. Side View Assessed using the side view of the rider, the goal is to deliver a correct neutral position that’s both powerful and comfortable through adjustments to seat height, handlebar height, stem length and cleat position.
4. Front View Analysis from frontal view to optimize hip, knee and foot alignment for greater performance and balanced power delivery. includes analysis of pedal and shoe placement and squareness on the saddle.
5. Follow Up After a week or so, the technician calls to discuss the effectiveness of the adjustments and to answer any other questions or concerns the rider may have.
BG FIT RESULTS
Omega Pharma – Quck-Step
Specialized Racing: XC
BG FIT PRODUCTS
|BG Gloves Featuring a unique pad system, designed by ergonomics expert Dr. Roger Minkow, M.D., that helps reduce hand numbness (aka, cycling palsy) by relieving pressure on the ulnar nerve. Multi-density grips and bar coverings work together with BG gloves to improve comfort and endurance.Shop Gloves|
|BG Shoes Developed with Dr. Andy Pruitt of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine, BG shoes and High Performance footbeds use built-in ergonomic features like the varus wedge, longitudinal arch, and metatarsal button to make the connection between body and bike more productive and more comfortable.Shop Shoes|
|BG Saddles Developed with ergonomics expert Dr. Roger Minkow, M.D., BG saddles and shorts use customized shapes, cut-aways and multi-density padding to reduce pressure on arteries and soft tissue for improved blood flow and comfort.Shop Saddles|
|Dr. Andy Pruitt – A Brief History Dr. Pruitt offers insight into what brought him to create the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine, how he started working with Specialized, and why Body Geometry products and Specialized BG FIT training are so important to cyclists.Read the Velo Magazine Interview (PDF)|